Manager of Congressional Affairs (2019 – 8)
3 days left
- Full Time
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing nearly 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, empowers our member businesses and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 250,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Manager of Congressional Affairs reports to the Vice President of Congressional Affairs. The Manager of Congressional Affairs:
- Represents SEIA regarding energy, natural resources, and appropriations policy matters of importance to the solar industry before Congress. As needed, also supports related outreach to federal agencies, in collaboration with the Vice President of Regulatory Affairs.
- Coordinates and motivates SEIA members and coalition partners in multiple venues to advance SEIA’s policy objectives on Capitol Hill.
- Supports SEIA’s efforts to monitor issues, advance appropriate policy, and develop and communicate best practices on key issues.
- Develops and maintains relationships with relevant Congressional staff and others involved in the policymaking process.
- Collaborates with SEIA’s Communications team, Federal Affairs staff, and SEIA members to formulate talking points and incorporate communications strategy into SEIA’s advocacy initiatives.
- Produces written materials (memos, fact sheets, talking points) in support of SEIA’s advocacy and regulatory efforts.
- Communicates with SEIA members, organizes committee and working group activities, and responds to member company inquiries.
- Attends meetings and briefings on behalf of the Association, providing summaries and analyses of proceedings and alerting VPs of important issues and deadlines.
- Supports the conferences and tradeshows SEIA organizes through content generation, speaker identification, and on-site staffing of the conferences.
SEIA is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Federal Affairs team. Qualified candidates will possess:
- A bachelor’s and preferably an advanced degree in political science, law, or other public policy discipline
- 5-7 years of public policy or legislative advocacy experience, including at least 2 years on Capitol Hill
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience working in a bipartisan manner on energy, natural resources, and/or appropriations policy matters
- Experience working with congressional and energy committee leadership offices
- An open-minded and creative approach to lobbying Congress, with proven skills at gathering legislative information and executing strategic advocacy plans
- The ability to work directly with SEIA members, with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working for or with trade associations
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment
- A strong work ethic and cheerful customer-service attitude in order to thrive in our fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Outlook)
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement email@example.com with the subject “Manager of Congressional Affairs (2019-08).” Submissions that are in the form of a single Word or PDF document facilitate review and are preferred.
Please name all files using the following format: “[name]_[document title, e.g. Resume]_SEIA
No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org. Applications will be accepted through January 14, 2019.
Apply for Manager of Congressional Affairs (2019 – 8)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly