Congressional Affairs Coordinator (2019 – 5)
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing nearly 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, empowers our member businesses and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 250,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Congressional Affairs Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Congressional Affairs. The Congressional Affairs Coordinator:
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of Congressional Affairs
- Drafts routine correspondence, including e-mail communications to SEIA members and Capitol Hill
- Oversees document management, including keeping fact sheets and other advocacy materials up-to-date
- Conducts research on legislative policy issues
- Communicates with SEIA members, organizes committee and working group activities, and responds to member company inquiries
- Attends meetings and briefings on behalf of the Association, providing summaries and analyses of proceedings and alerting the VP of important issues and deadlines
SEIA is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Federal Affairs team. Qualified candidates will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in political science, economics, or other public policy discipline
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a trade association, lobbying firm, or other advocacy organization
- Demonstrated interest in energy policy
- The ability to work directly with SEIA members, with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to maintaining high standards of quality. Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment in a cordial and tactful manner
- A strong work ethic and cheerful customer-service attitude in order to thrive in our fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Outlook)
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement email@example.com with the subject “Congressional Affairs Coordinator (2019-05).” Submissions that are in the form of a single Word or PDF document facilitate review and are preferred.
Please name all files using the following format: “[name]_[document title, e.g. Resume]_SEIA
No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org. Applications will be accepted through January 14, 2019.