Industry Data Associate (2019-03)
5 days left
- Full Time
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing nearly 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, empowers our member businesses and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 250,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Industry Data Associate will be responsible for maintaining SEIA’s National Solar Database, which houses information on over 10,000 active companies and 50,000 contacts doing business in the U.S. solar industry. The position is in SEIA’s Research Department and reports to the Data Engineer but will work collaboratively with other SEIA departments including Communications, Membership and both Federal and State Affairs.
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, creative and resourceful self-starter with experience working with large databases across a variety of platforms. Experience in solar or renewable energy is preferred, along with skills in data collection, maintenance, programming and visualization. Applicants will be expected to be highly resourceful and adept at problem solving and troubleshooting, with demonstrated experience in academic and/or professional research settings. The candidate should be able to collaborate effectively, lead when necessary and to develop goals and strategies that support broader departmental and organizational initiatives.
The Industry Data Associate position is a permanent, full-time role. Candidates will be expected to work out of our Washington D.C. offices, with flexible scheduling available.
- Manages all elements of SEIA’s National Solar Database, including data cleaning, data gathering, and data analysis.
- Identifies data sources, techniques and work flows that support departmental and non-departmental analytical needs, improve data quality and/or increase efficiency.
- Supports broader department data gathering and analytical activities, including continued integration of outside datasets with the National Solar Database.
- Creates data visualizations in Excel, Tableau and related software.
- In coordination with the Data Engineer, develops and executes 5-year data resources strategic development plan.
- With support from other Research and Membership department staff, develops and maintains revenue-generating data products.
- Executes custom reports of National Solar Database data in response to internal requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce. Proficiency in GIS or Tableau a plus.
- Preference given to candidates with basic data programming skills, including exposure to Python and/or SQL.
- Experience working with large datasets across multiple platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Self-starter with ability to design, implement and execute a work plan
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and as team leader
- Expressed interest and preferably experience in solar and/or renewable energy
- Creative thinker with ability to independently problem solve and troubleshoot
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement email@example.com with the subject “Industry Data Associate (2019-03).” Submissions that are in the form of a single Word or PDF document facilitate review and are preferred.
Please name all files using the following format: “[name]_[document title, e.g. Resume]_SEIA
No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org. Applications will be accepted through January 14, 2019.
Apply for Industry Data Associate (2019-03)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly