At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
This person will be responsible for managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and other staff as assigned; the monthly close calendar/process; assisting with the preparation for audits, registrations, and surveys; and ensuring appropriate documentation of policies and procedures.
- Supervise Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable functions and other staff as assigned
- Review and approve vouchers and cash receipts; and review and oversee invoices and quarterly reports
- Will review and approve drawdowns and establish and manage the monthly close calendar process
- Ensure account reconciliations are prepared in a timely manner
- Ensure monthly journal entries are prepared in a timely manner
- Review/ approve reconciliations monthly and post journal entries
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of balance sheet accounts
- Incumbent will prepare Field Office local financial statements, manage Field Office audit requests, and assist the Controller with audits, registrations, surveys, etc.; prepare and review supporting documentation, schedules and analysis
- Prepare/coordinate AMIDEAST tax filings such as Form 990, FBARs, Census, 1099s
- They will maximize use of Deltek CostPoint AMIDEAST-wide and manage CostPoint functionality (linking functions, closing/opening periods, etc.)
- Ensure all policies, procedures, processes, practices are in a central location for review/use by all finance/accounting staff and prepare internal reports and special projects, as required and prepare trainings relevant to areas supervised
- Incumbent will monitor and enhance internal controls to minimize risk and oversee training and development of supervised staff
- Automate and streamline processes to enhance accuracy of data while minimizing manual efforts
- Develop documentation for policies, procedures and processes
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, with 7-10 years professional finance/accounting experience preferred (Nonprofit and Government contractor experience a plus) and a CPA is preferred. Incumbent will possess a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and an in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (and associated Accounting Standards and requirements for non-profit organizations, government contracts and indirect rates). Candidate should be process-oriented, with experience in documenting processes and procedures with excellent Computer skills, proficiency in MS Excel applications, and experience with Deltek CostPoint and Cognos Impromptu report writer system tools preferred. Will need strong oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical skills and be able to demonstrate world class cultural attributes and behaviors in all interactions with country directors, project managers, department heads, and senior staff.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation