Mathematician (Program Director)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, or a closely related subject, plus after award of the Ph.D., six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position and demonstrated expertise in a field of relevance to DMS Disciplinary Research Programs, as evidenced by research publications.
In addition candidates must demonstrate experience with workforce development programs such as the DMS Workforce Program in Mathematical Sciences.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position. In some cases, additional assessment processes may also be used.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Serving as a liaison to your scientific community on behalf of NSF and as your community's representative to the federal government.
- Communicating with members of your scientific community about what they envision, identifying new directions and trends in your field, and writing with colleagues to help push the vision forward and shape the leading edge of science.
- Developing ideas for new workshops and/or solicitations which take advantage of new technologies and new interdisciplinary linkages.
- Selecting top researchers and experts for the peer review process and managing proposal review at all junctures, including orchestrating advisory panels, sending proposals out for external review, ensuring compliance with NSF regulations and procedures with potential principal investigators and award grantees.
- Making funding decisions and recommending awards to the most worthy proposals, ensuring that those funded reflect a diverse range of scientific opportunities and strong broader impacts (e.g., advancing discovery and understanding; promoting teaching, training, and learning; broadening participation of underrepresented groups; enhancing infrastructure for research and education).
- Participating in NSF-wide and interagency meetings, coordinating groups, conferences, special task groups, and other initiatives to collaborate with peers and experts across disciplines, Federal and state agencies, and private-sector organizations.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No