Adjunct Faculty in Mechanical Engineering
Job Category : Adjunct Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Adjunct Faculty in Mechanical Engineering, Volgenau School of Engineering
The George Mason University Department of Mechanical Engineering, within the Volgenau School of Engineering, invites interested applicants to join the faculty as part-time Adjunct Faculty members beginning spring 2019. Adjunct faculty members are needed to either teach required course(s) in the major, or through engineering expertise develop elective course(s) that meet the needs of the program. Specific program needs for technical electives include topics such as introduction to aerospace engineering, additive manufacturing, advanced materials, project management, robotics, sustainable energy, and building engineering, to name a few. Variant of these or any additions are welcomed. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Courses are offered at both the Fairfax Campus and Science and Technology Campus during daytime or evening hours.
Expertise in the following courses are needed:
- ME 331 Mechatronics - TR 3 - 4:15 pm Science and Technology Campus
- ME 499 Finite Element Analysis - MW 3 - 4:15 pm Fairfax Campus
- ME 499 Machine Learning for Mechanical Engineers - MW 5:55 - 7:10 pm Fairfax Campus
- ME 499 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering MW 4:30 - 5:54 pm FairFax Campus
- ME 499 Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering TR 5:55 - 7-10 pm FairFax Campus Responsibilities:
- Prepare and teach assigned courses at assigned class meetings, based on course catalog description and approved course outline;
- Prepare and objectively grade class assignments and exams within a timely manner, in accordance with course outcomes;
- Maintain accurate, transparent student records;
- Assist and foster student success through the maintenance of regularly scheduled office hours and timely responses to e-mail inquiries;
- Adhere to all administrative university policies such as the timely submission of completed midterm and final grades;
- Maintain appropriate professional development to stay current within assigned courses;
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics; and
- Other duties as assigned by contract and/or by the Course Coordinator. Required Qualifications:
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related field;
- Solid verbal and written communications skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Terminal degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related field;
- Experience with a learning management system, preferably Blackboard;
- Relevant professional experience;
- Teaching experience at the college level.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete and submit the online application at http://jobs.gmu.edu for position WGB642 and upload a cover letter, CV, unofficial transcript of highest degree earned, and a list of three professional references with contact information. In your cover letter, please indicate the courses you would be interested in teaching and the general area of your expertise. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. For additional information, contact the Mechanical Engineering Department Chair, Oscar Barton Jr.at email@example.com
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :