Information Technology Specialist 3
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Manager, Cloud, Compute and Storage Engineering
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) â€“ located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a MANAGER, CLOUD, COMPUTE AND STORAGE ENGINEERING(CCSENG) position within the, Network and Security Engineering team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position reports to the Manager of the Network and Security Engineering team. Jointly, both managers are responsible for fostering a positive culture of collaboration, customer service, and continuous improvement to deliver the best possible customer experience to the university community.
- CCSENG is responsible for enterprise system engineering, with a focus on building and deploying new solutions for enterprise customers from the universityâ€™s enterprise technology portfolio. These solutions are generally delivered in the context of formal Information Technology projects that involve external participants from across the university. This team also provides an additional level of local response to operational emergencies.
- CCSENG maintains expertise in on-premise and cloud compute, storage and virtualization technologies and commercial and open source operating systems to support applications at enterprise scale
- Position is responsible for the effectiveness of CCSENG, managing the focus of the team, development of its staff, and ensuring responsiveness to university needs in an ever-changing technology environment
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in a technology, business, or management-related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Supervisory, project management, or other team leadership experience;
- Knowledge of contemporary compute, storage, and virtualization technologies and services;
- Basic Microsoft Windows server, Linux server, and/or VMWare system administration skills;
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage technical staff;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to effectively prioritize team focus and work; and
- Must be:
- A citizen of the United States, or
- A person who is a lawful permanent resident of the United States (a Green Card holder), or
- A person who formally has been granted asylum by the United States (a protected individual as defined by US law), or
- A person whose permanent address is in the United States and who is not a national (including dual-national) of any country which is subject to a US arms embargo. See the list of countries: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=70e390c181ea17f847fa696c47e3140a&mc=true&r=PART&n=pt22.1.126#se22.1.126_11/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Significant experience in a supervisory role with budget authority;
- Experience working in a higher-education environment;
- Management and/or leadership training;
- Familiarity with formal project management methods.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02841z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3)professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-01-16