information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Data Governance Specialist
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) â€“ located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a Data Governance Specialist position within the Enterprise Application group. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Working with Mason governance groups to set and enforce data governance practice and policy
- Work collaboratively with data stewards and Mason executives serving on data governance committees to ensure the adoption of enterprise data governance goals, standards, practices and processes for enterprise data governance
- Acts as a primary resource for the analysis and documentation of data governance efforts, working across the university to advance data governance initiatives and to document the work of identifying and classifying data elements and information and working to improve data availability, quality, and accuracy.
- Understanding of and experience with:
- Data architecture concepts and processes
- Business processes for data governance
- Basic project management processes and procedures
- Development/implementation for data life cycle management
- Data catalog/dictionary/glossary tools
- Standards for data quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Understanding of basic data warehouse concepts and ETL strategies;
- Experience with data integration tools;
- Experience with ERP systems;
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree, preferably in data science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Significant experience relevant to requirements of position.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02879z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :