Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a SYSTEMS ENGINEER position within the IT Security group. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Assists in supporting systems (hardware and operating systems), applications and processes that are critical to the operations of the IT Security Office
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Enterprise Linux Servers and security applications
- Participate in threat analysis and incident response when needed
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-user computer systems in an enterprise environment;
- Demonstrated experience as a â€œMid-Levelâ€ System Administrator of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS;
- Demonstrated experience with a scripting language (e.g. BASH, PERL etc.);
- Good working knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP networking and associated IP and application protocols reflected by related coursework in Networking technologies or professional experience and/or Networking certifications; and
- Must be:
- A citizen of the United States, or
- A person who is a lawful permanent resident of the United States (a Green Card holder), or
- A person who formally has been granted asylum by the United States (a protected individual as defined by US law), or
- A person whose permanent address is in the United States and who is not a national (including dual-national) of any country which is subject to a US arms embargo. See the list of countries: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=70e390c181ea17f847fa696c47e3140a&mc=true&r=PART&n=pt22.1.126#se22.1.126_11/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tool (e.g. Puppet, Ansible or Chef);
- Experience with Linux systems hardening;
- CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 experience;
- Python experience;
- Hypervisor administration experience; and
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, GIAC certifications, RHCE.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02843z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3)professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-01-16