Public Relations & Marketing Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Strategic Communications Specialist
The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) seeks applicants for the position of Strategic Communications Specialist (SCS). Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the SCS will serve as a versatile communications and public relations expert for the Deanâ€™s Office of the College of Education and Human Development. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Strategic Communications Specialist supports CEHD by developing and managing integrated communications for external audiences â€“ including alumni, donors, prospective students, and community partners. Through these communications, the SCS will define, create, manage and schedule content and messaging to our philanthropic and alumni audiences, and will ensure that all constituents gain a deep understanding of the need and impact of gifts to Mason as well as the value of a Mason education. At the same time, the SCS will support Admissions by researching and writing communications in support of student recruitment and enrollment objectives. The SCS manages all forms of development and admission communications including print, web, social media, e-communications, announcements, invitations, collateral, solicitations and content for iModules.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively illustrate impact, express gratitude, and encourage giving through written communications.
- Creativity, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community, including donors and senior-level administrators.
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as independently and to be proactive in seeking solutions to challenges and opportunities.
- Must demonstrate the highest level of attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in order to complete rapid turn-around of communications pieces and successfully meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and knowledge of design concepts and/or design software.
- Experience developing print and e-communications for targeted populations.
- Experience securing earned media for events, programs, and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in e-marketing or e-communications and a proven track record of successfully developing strategy and content. Preferred Qualifications:
- A degree in English, communications, journalism, mass communications, or marketing; an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Significant directly relevant professional experience.
- Experience in development and alumni relations communications related to fundraising and philanthropy or in student recruitment and enrollment in an education setting preferred.
Application Instructions: Resume/CV, cover letter, completed application, three professional references, and three examples of original work.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume/CV, a list of three professional references with contact information, and three examples of original work.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :