7 days left
- Full Time
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is currently seeking a Buyer to directly support Manufacturing Operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Source and obtain direct materials, components, equipment, and services to support manufacturing facility.
* Analyze MRP/ERP Reports to make buying decisions based on lead time, usage and material availability.
* Process requisition and purchase order in timely manner.
* Acquire and maintain technical and cost driver knowledge of products purchased.
* Coordinate purchasing activities with managers and engineering departments to insure quality inventory and schedule goals are met.
* Source, evaluate and negotiate with suppliers to achieve lowest cost of ownership, quality, and service meet schedule requirements.
* Evaluate and measure supplier performance to ensure contractual commitments are met.
* Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and on-site visits as appropriate.
* Negotiate contacts for material and equipment purchases in a cost-effective and timely manner.
* Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers.
* Provide interactive link between corporate logistics, procurement, internal, external customers and suppliers.
* Bachelor's Degree preferably in a procurement or logistics related discipline.
* Strong PC skills.
* Experience with SAP is preferred.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
* Previous procurement experience, preferably in a direct materials e manufacturing environment.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.