Business Systems Analyst III- #24974
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), operated by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA), is a multi-mission science operations center for NASA’s flagship observatories. Our best-in-class astronomical research center is located on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Business Resource Center is seeking a Business Systems Analyst III to align, plan, design, deliver and maintain IT tools, services and processes in support of the technical needs. You will document, communicate and advocate business near-term needs and actively participate in short and long-term planning in the IT Business arena.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Divisions/Missions and ITSD to identify, improve, implement and automate processes and solutions as related to IT and business needs.
- Provides project leadership in planning, designing and implementing new IT solutions for business functions.
- Collaborates with users to assess and analyze specific needs and works with ITSD to resolve any IT problems that arise
- Expert knowledge planning alternate solutions as appropriate. Provides hands-on assistance and training as necessary.
- Manages supported business tools and processes for availability, proper functionality, accuracy and fit for customer needs.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure continuity and quality of service.
- Provides input and makes relevant recommendations for improving overall user tool and service portfolio.
- Facilitates installs and upgrades with appropriate IT resources and by providing technical assistance.
- Follows ITSD Service Standards for documenting and resolving user requests.
- Coordinates business tool problem resolution with on-site IT technical staff and vendor service personnel.
- Documents IT business activities to include procedure catalog entries, process flows, user documentation and technical reports and assessments.
- Stays informed of advances in relevant technologies.
We are searching for highly motivated self-starters who thrive in a team environment and take personal ownership and pride in their work.
Do you possess the following education, skills and attributes:
Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business or related field. Six years of prior experience assisting business partners with technology.
Fluent knowledge of current business tools and processes (ex. UltiPro, Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense). Fluent knowledge of budget management, tracking, planning and reporting systems (Cognos reporting, Wisetrack asset management, SAP). Solid understanding of resource tracking by projects and organizational units. Expert working directly with customers/stakeholders to elicit and clearly understand requirements and needs and has demonstrated the ability to build partnerships. Ability to generate candidate solutions that meet customer needs and have broad organizational applicability. Delivers services and solutions via a pipeline process that protects the production environment. Provides intermediate user support for business tools by following established procedures, solving problems by gathering information and calling out as appropriate and providing users training on basic tasks. Demonstrated knowledge with three or more operating system to include Windows, Mac and linux. Advanced level leading and adhere to project management process on medium division-level projects.
Understanding with the following technical areas:
Access control and authentication measures to include Active Directory (AD), AD groups and SSO.
Backend databases (ex. Oracle, PL/SQL, MS SQL, MySQL) and SQL structures.
Share your experience by completing an on-line application through our website at: www.stsci.edu/opportunities. Please upload one cover letter and resume on one PDF document for review.
Applications received by January 11, 2019 will receive full consideration. Campaign will remain open until the position has been filled. Position provides competitive salaries, comprehensives benefits within a flexible and collaborative environment. Be a part of missions that changes the way we view our universe.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational dedication to diversity, broaden participation, and inspire the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We support your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection and to assist us in our record keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept rigorously confidential.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a world-class scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V