6 days left
- Full Time
The Software Engineer maintains, implements, and integrates both on premise and hosted systems using primarily Java and web-based technologies. The position is hands-on, agile, team-based development.
The Software Engineer is responsible for:
- Implementing software application within a development team.
- Following a formal development methodology and working within scheduled timelines.
- Participating in peer code reviews, documentation, and formal testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Java as a language and platform
- Knowledge of object oriented principles; software design; use of design patterns
- Understanding of established software engineering standards and methodologies including some or all of the following: creation and use of Use Cases, UML modeling, naming conventions, source control facilities, documentation, and unit testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, paired with ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
- Experience working productively in a software engineering team in the design, development, and implementation of a software module/component
- Familiarity with java web application environments (Servlets, JSP, HTML, CSS)
- Familiarity with Spring frameworks, databases (preferably Oracle), and data binding tools (ORM, XML)
Additional Information: Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/66061. This job does not provide sponsorship for work visas.