EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is currently seeking a Planner II to join our team and directly support Manufacturing Operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Work to plan and manage production tasks to improve runtime
* Review production plans to identify and report potential risks to Manager
* Assist in processing customer orders and shipments according to the established schedule
* Review job orders and establish priorities and schedules
* Monitor execution of job orders and adjust schedules for timely delivery
* Plan and monitor material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operations
* Plan equipment, material and manpower needs for job orders
* Coordinate with Manager in resolving production planning and control issues
* Conduct weekly production communication meetings
* Bachelor's degree in supply chain or logistics related discipline
* 0-2 years previous planning experience
* Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written skills
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.