Country Director (Malawi), MC-301-2d
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Examples of specialized experience includes: experience providing guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support on the development and implementation of large multi-year international development programs ; experience providing oversight to development and implementation activities of large multi-year international development programs, including capacity building, construction of infrastructure, policy reform and other project implementation activities; experience managing activities such as procurement, staffing, budgeting, financial, and asset management needs; and, experience representing an agency to governments, the private sector, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), academia, and civil society. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
HIGHLY DESIRED: Experience in Developing and Implementing International Development Programs in sub-Saharan Africa, including Southern Africa.
A successful candidate for the Country Director position must be able to interact effectively with others, both within the assigned country and with MCC headquarters. In-country, continuous communication with the U.S. Embassy and the host-country government, including at very senior levels, is required. Electronic communication is the most common method of communications with MCC headquarters, and candidates should note their level of proficiency in specific software packages and internet uses. MCC expects both oral and written communications to be clear, accurate, and articulate.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- This is a FULL-TIME Excepted Service TERM POSITION not-to-exceed 60 months.(MCC has the option of extending a term appointment).
- Relocation expenses will not be paid in initial phase, but will be paid once the position is country-based
- The successful candidate for the CD position will enter into a service agreement with MCC that sets
- forth the details and requirements of the service term.
- Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50% of the time.
- The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. "The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position."
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program: If you are an eligible ICTAP applicant you may apply for special selection consideration. You must meet minimum qualifications, including selective factors, experience, and education requirements (if applicable), and be rated well-qualified for the position (i.e., placed in the well qualified category or above based on your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire). You must provide a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel actions form with your application. More information: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
- Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Probationary/Trial Period: You may be required to serve a one-year probationary/trial period.
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Technical Competence
Demonstration of work supporting the qualifications and KSAs MUST be documented and reflected in the resume. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or your responses are not supported by your resume, your score will be adjusted. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. Qualified veterans are placed ahead of non-veterans within each category. Qualified veterans with a service connected disability of 10% or more are placed ahead of non-veterans in the best qualified category.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes