Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
MicroStrategy Analyst/Report Developer
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a MicroStrategy Analyst/Report Developer position within the Enterprise Application group. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Developing complex reports, modifying existing reports and providing technical support to University report writers
- Assist the data mart team in functional and performance testing strategies for new and existing reports
- Develop training material and conduct training sessions for users of the various University Data Marts
- BS or higher degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated significant working knowledge of SQL queries;
- Experience developing reports in a Business Intelligence tool or a reporting tool, such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Crystal Reports or Microsoft Access;
- Excellent communication skills for supporting both functional area users and ITS technical staff; and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Data Warehouse design and Star Schema methodology.
- Experience developing Reports in MicroStrategy;
- Understanding of MicroStrategy architecture and operations;
- Experience with Oracle Databases; and
- Performance tuning of SQL queries
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00056z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :