Director of Financial Counseling
5 days left
- Full Time
The incumbent is responsible for leading the daily accounting operations for the accounts payable division and promoting effective financial management and internal controls for the U.S. House of Representatives, Financial Counseling. Major duties include but are not limited to invoice processing, customer service and outreach, financial and management reporting, financial policy and accountability and workforce planning and development. Other duties include special projects as assigned. The position has day-to-day supervisory responsibilities.
• Manage and coordinate the daily accounts payable operations to ensure quality and timely payment of invoices and expense reimbursements by prioritizing each payment submitted and ensuring invoices, vouchers and other requests for payment are complete, accurate and compliant with House rules and regulations, generally accepted accounting standards and principles and other applicable Federal government laws.
• Ensure consistent customer service delivery in a consultative and solutions-based environment to customers and stakeholders through outreach and issue resolution; and consultation, training, briefings and seminars on regulations, procedures, financial management and budgetary matters.
• Ensure invoices and expense vouchers are processed within the service level agreement as set forth by the Chief Administrative Officer and the Committee on House Administration.
• Lead accounts payable managers and front-line staff in delivering excellent customer-service.
• Distribute various communications to customers, stakeholders and staff regarding deadlines, policies, business process changes and other financial management information.
• Direct the monitoring spending activity within the Members’ Representational Allowance in accordance with office procedures and Committee regulation.
• Ensure the Monthly Financial Statements and Statement of Disbursements are reviewed, analyzed and adjusted as appropriate.
• Generate, review and analyze reports documenting trends and financial and operational performance to manage accounts payable operations and staff for achievement of optimum performance. Report results to management.
• Direct various personnel actions including but not limited to hiring, staff performance management, career development, staffing requirements and training; ensuring optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
• Lead and promote environment of coaching, teamwork, creative thinking and support; encouraging and assisting employees to reach their full potential.
• Work with employees to establish and prioritize professional development plans and goals and objectives.
• Assist in employee satisfaction and motivation.
• Assist in developing goals that are aligned with overall organizational goals; and ensure achievement of goals is designed toward staff continuous improvement and best practices.
• Assist in developing and executing training programs and cross functional detail assignments.