1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Janitorial Support Services Estimator
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Janitorial Support Services Estimator based in Arlington, VA. We are looking for a diligent Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. The position will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. This individual must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide detailed cost (labor, material and subcontractor) estimates so the company can make informed decisions and bid submissions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
Working with the Business Development team and members of the Operations organization, this role will develop, execute, and oversee strategic pricing operational estimates to improve service delivery, financial performance and meet current and future direction for the janitorial and environmental (interior and exterior cleaning services) for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- A significant percentage of this position is the knowledge, understanding, and execution of janitorial services in the integrated facility management market and in mobile (van-based) janitorial business.
- Provide operational and financial support of assigned contracts. Ensure defined scope of work (SOW), including: the performance of daily operations, scheduled cleaning maintenance and other priced services are implemented at the accounts.
- Assist the Regional Managers/Project Managers and Site Managers on the start-up of new accounts (services are provided in conjunction with your cost estimates).
- Maintains a strong business relationship with current and prospective clients.
- Travels to all sites on a scheduled basis to ensure SOW requirements, EGS policies and procedures to include the administration, coordination, performance and monitoring of janitorial activities of projects are met on a consistent basis.
- Collaboratively work with EGS senior leadership and staff managers on SG&A control and P&L management.
- Analyze janitorial operations to determine potential enhancements or improvements to facilities operational procedures and activities. Recommend appropriate actions or solutions to client consistent with contractually defined goals.
- Prepare price estimates for new bids. Solicit, review and recommend subcontracted services and vendors as required for bids and proposals.
- Review quarterly financial forecasts and monthly updates. Ensures that contracts are managed in a manner that meets all contractual requirements and financial goals.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT FUNCTIONS
- Support the Business Development team with opportunity research while assisting in capture and proposal activities of identified projects through to contract award. This includes supporting proposal reviews, determining competitive pricing, as well as working with the proposal managers and subject matter experts to develop technical proposal concepts. In this capture support role, you will help the team to define win themes, aid in all required pursuit planning and ensuring plans are accurately reflected in pipeline management systems and other business financial systems.
- Conduct thorough draft/final analyses of client requests for proposal and develops questions for customer. Help to determine staffing needs for upcoming opportunities or active solicitations and develop job requisitions. Assist with the collection of technical knowledge and opportunity information through informational interviews with technical SMEs and prospective clients.
- 5+ years of janitorial service experience
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of bid and pricing activities.
- Ability to work with the clients to find amiable solutions to difficult issues.
- Ability to work with management systems and variety of skilled/unskilled, professional, administrative, and industry personnel.
- Working knowledge of financial management, client relations, janitorial management, reporting, budgeting and control, and business operations, blueprints, buildings, grounds, equipment, housekeeping, purchasing, inventory control, fire, & OSHA codes.
- Willingness to seek training.
- Willingness to travel to remote sites for bid walk-through, site visits start-ups, meetings, reviews and business development tasks. Travel requirements could require extended stays (greater than 5 days)
- A Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred in Business, Finance, Engineering, Construction Management or related fields is preferred.
- Should have 5 to 7 years of demonstrated experience in the facilities O&M, Medical, and integrated facilities services in the janitorial support field.
- The candidate must have knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel; a thorough understanding of preventive maintenance schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements.
- Must have very strong business and P&L management skills.
- General Accounting Oversight Skills (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, WIP, AR Report)
- General working knowledge of major facilities systems and support services
- Experience with management of business finances
- Experience with facilities management janitorial estimating
- Experience with Government and Commercial contracting procedures
- Strong experience with Windows and MS Office
- Demonstrated skill at developing and nurturing strong client relationships
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people
- Ability to work independently or as member of a team
- Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
The individual must be able to walk throughout a large facility to include climbing stairs and walking on catwalks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Estimator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly