An Equal Opportunity Employer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role in performing daily monitoring and command functions for the Intelsat fleet as well as third party satellites to include responding to satellite and network alarms, responding to status changes, control system configurations, and battery charge state. You will operate and manage the daily functions of supporting TTC ground network.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Showcase your ability to operate SatOps systems according to established procedures.
- Execute commands on all satellites (scheduled and non-scheduled) as warranted.
- Maintain a record of all SatOps and TTC&M Network activities in the daily log.
- Staying up-to-date on current spacecraft and ground configurations by reading shift change briefing and log everyday.
- Conduct and assist troubleshooting of Ground Network System problems.
Can you drive these processes?
- Participate in daily shift briefings
- Perform routine performance checks on specified software and processes
- Participate is all scheduled training sessions
- Responsible for range activities, scheduling and ensuring range collection along with troubleshooting range anomalies.
You should definitely have:
- A minimum of 2 years technical degree or equivalent satellite communications experience
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems
- Experience with spacecraft supporting ground network TTC&M infrastructure
- Proven ability to multitask
- Ability to be a team player
- The ability to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule to provide 24x7x365 coverage, which includes working major holidays
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.