UI/UX Designer - Data Visualization
Weâ€™re looking for an UI/UX Designer â€“ Data Visualization to join a rapidly-growing software company in Gaithersburg, MD. Quality people, quality code and happy employees and clients are the foundations to this companyâ€™s success. Whether they are building web or mobile based software, pioneering new technologies and development practices, or simply helping great companies achieve great results, their unique culture of collaboration touches everything they do. This will be a full-time exempt position.
- Spend most of your time turning data into visually stunning graphics.
- You must be passionate about layout, typography, and color and have the expertise and awareness to defend your design choices.
- Youâ€™ll need to be comfortable in graphics programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar tools.
- Youâ€™ll also need to be comfortable in tools such as Excel, Tableau, Domo, or similar tools to understand your data.
- Show your work in context, so prototyping tools like Sketch, Balsamiq, Invision, XD, Axure, etc. are tools youâ€™ll utilize daily.
- Jumping in with engineers to refine CSS, HTML, etc. and have a strong opinion of pacing, transitions, and overall user experience of the finished product.
- Set expectations while accepting critical feedback at every step of the process.
- Possess a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Graphic Design, or relevant field.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience in data visualization, information design, data science, or creative computing.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience with graphic programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar tools.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience analyzing and organizing data using Excel, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Have experience with prototyping/concepting tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, Invision, XD, Axure, etc.
- Have a creative and artistic eye, as well as a technical and analytical mind (left and right brain balance).
- Be experienced creating intuitive and clean, minimalistic user interfaces.
- Have extreme attention to detail.
- Be organized and thorough.
- Have a good sense of humor.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.