IP Docketing Opportunities!
IP DOCKETING SPECIALIST
Outstanding IP boutique is seeking a Docketing Specialist with domestic and foreign patent experience to work as a member of their IP Docketing Team. This position will report directly to the IP Docketing Manager.
Preferred hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Working on the day-to-day operations of the Docketing Department
- Analyzing all incoming correspondence for U.S. and foreign patents
- Docketing and de-docketing pertinent deadlines
- Opening new matters
- Preparing system reports
- Researching and resolving docketing inaccuracies
- Answering all docket-related questions
- Assisting on incoming file transfers
- Completing the inventory and triage of incoming files
- Performing docket audits of U.S. and foreign cases
- Creating a case profile for the Firm’s docketing system
- Adding all pertinent deadlines to the docket
- At least five (5) years of docketing experience
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. and foreign patent rules, regulations, prosecution procedures, terminology, and deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to switch between tasks
- Excellent computer skills, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High degree of professionalism and diplomacy
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred, but not required
IP DOCKETING QUALITY REVIEW SPECIALIST
Progressive and growing law firm with a robust Patent practice is seeking an IP Docketing Quality Review Specialist to join their DC office.
- Reviewing all U.S. and foreign patent dockets
- Making appropriate database corrections
- Conducting internal audit reviews of patent client portfolios
- Working with managers to ensure that client requirements are met with IP Client Portal and assisting with identifying problems or inaccuracies in departmental policies and procedures
- Assisting with special projects as needed, including new matter intake
- College degree required
- At least seven (7) years of docketing experience and at least one (1) year of quality review experience
- Familiarity with computerized docketing systems, such as CPI and/or Patricia
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of domestic and foreign patent prosecution procedures, terminology, and deadlines
- Strong organization, problem-solving, analytical decision-making, proofreading, and reading comprehension skills
- Flexibility to work some overtime
Firm offers a great work environment and a generous benefits package!
Please submit resumes in Word format to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!