Business Operations Director
Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15salary range starts at $134,789 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes experience leading the monthly revenue accrual and billing processes; developing recurring financial reporting including utilization, payroll and revenue; managing budgets from various funding sources including appropriated and non-appropriated funds; conducting or supporting annual or ad-hoc audits, data requests or other financial review activities; developing revenue projections or business service projections; developing FTE (Full-time Equivalent) projections; developing executive business cases for new or existing programs or projects; developing initial cost estimates and scope of work with the sales or business development teams for new contracts or agreements; facilitating the approval routing process for new contracts or agreements; and maintaining fully executed agreements in the system of record for the organization.
Bargaining Unit status: NONE
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
· Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of financial management theories, principles, and practices to analyze financial management processes, procedures, and services as well as provide advice on the organization’s financial resources.
- Ability to build partnerships
- Able to analyze financial documents and data, summarize relevant information, and offer recommendations to supervisors and teams.
- Skill in identifying and proposing solutions to management problems which are characterized by their breadth, importance, and severity.
Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No