Financial Management Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Intelligence Background Information
Peace Corps Manual Section 611 is applicable to this position. This section prohibits the employment of certain persons previously engaged in intelligence activities or connected with intelligence agencies within the past 10 years. If you have ever worked for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), you are not eligible for employment at the Peace Corps in any capacity, and you should not apply for employment.
PC-1336 Form: Applicants who are found to be otherwise qualified will be required to submit upon request in the future a completed PC-1336 form, or narrative signed statement, indicating whether the applicant has been involved in or has had any connection with intelligence activities or related work and, if so, the nature and dates of his or her involvement. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the applicant being rated ineligible for further consideration. If you have any other type of possible intelligence connection, your application will not be further considered until you submit this form. Except when the CIA or the National Security Agency (NSA) is involved (see below), if your connection with an Intelligence Agency involves an immediate family member who works or has worked in intelligence, the immediate family member should complete the form, not the applicant. Usually relying on memory is sufficient to answer most if not all of the questions. If you have an immediate family member who works or has worked for the CIA, you should not give them this form to complete. Please contact your relative in person—not by phone, email, social networking, or any other means that is not in person— and ask him or her to contact the Office of General Counsel at the CIA.
If your intelligence connection involves the NSA, you (or, if the connection is with a family member, that person) must contact NSA’s Office of the General Counsel at 410-854-3910 before submitting this form to Peace Corps.
You must meet the specialized experience at the grade level(s) in which you choose to be considered by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To ensure full credit for your experience, please indicate dates of employment by month, day, and year and the number of hours worked per week in your resume.
This vacancy is being announced at two (2) grade levels:
At the FP-5 level:
Qualifying experience for the FP-5 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the FP-7 or GS-7 level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience includes: Applying research and analysis skills of financial data using historical documents and regulations; checking for missing data when processing a high volume of financial forms; researching/troubleshooting discrepancies in systems; using automated financial systems (e.g. Oracle, MS Excel, MS Word, and Treasury Department online) and automated data entry system; providing customer service in a financial management environment; and performing quality control for information.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B. or J.D., if related
At the FP-7 level:
Qualifying experience for the FP-7 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the FP-9 or GS-5 level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience includes: Checking for missing data when processing financial forms; troubleshooting discrepancies in systems; using automated financial systems (e.g. Oracle, MS Excel, MS Word, and Treasury Department online); and providing customer service in a financial management environment.
1 full year of graduate level education
Superior academic achievement
Additional information on qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on the OPM web site at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Internal applicants and Federal employees who are currently holding, or who has held within the previous 52 weeks, a position under a non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet "time-in-grade" requirements (have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade of the grade for which you are applying). NOTE: All current or former Federal employees must provide a copy of their SF-50 (you may need to submit more than one), "Notice of Personnel Action" that indicates proof of status and time-in-grade eligibility. The SF-50 must include your position, title, series, grade, step, tenure, and type of service (Competitive or Excepted).
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Peace Corps Information
- This is a Federal civilian job in the Excepted Service. PC employees are paid on the Foreign Service scale and employment is limited NTE 5 years.
- Qualified internal applicants will be given first consideration.
- Additional hiring needs may be filled through this vacancy.
- National Service (e.g. volunteer) refers to paid & unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional, philanthropic, religious, community, student). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment.
- Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
- Peace Corps is drug free workplace and promotes a drug free environment.
- Peace Corps is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. Our goal is to attract and develop the best and brightest from all lifestyles and backgrounds. Peace Corps strives to create a culture of inclusion where individuals feel respected and are treated fairly in all aspects of differences. Our commitment is to make a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Peace Corps provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources by calling 202-692-1200 or the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity on 202-692-2139. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- You must successfully complete a background security investigation with favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet this requirement will be grounds for employment termination.
- All male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. If selected for this position, you must sign a statement certifying your registration, or you must demonstrate exempt status under the Selective Service Law.
- Prior Intelligence Activity or Related Work: Individuals who have been engaged in certain intelligence activity or related work or who have been employed by or connected with an intelligence agency are ineligible for employment with Peace Corps. Acceptance of employment with Peace Corps precludes employment by certain intelligence organizations for a specific period of time, determined by the employing agency, after Peace Corps employment ceases.
- All Federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- A one (1) year trial period is required.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
If you have questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, include the vacancy #, the position title and the closing date. In the body of your e-mail, provide your questions or concerns regarding the vacancy; if they are regarding your application status, include your full name and which grades you applied to.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated based on your resume, attached supporting documentation and your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire. Your materials will be evaluated to validate your possession of any required knowledge, skills, abilities (KSA) and/or competencies. The following competencies will be evaluated in the self-assessment questionnaire:
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technology Application
Please note that a complete application is required for consideration; including any documentation that is being used for qualifications. Your resume and supporting documentation will be reviewed by a Human Resources Specialist, which must support the answers you provided. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for disqualification.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No