Small Business Specialist
Occasional travel - Maybe required to attend job related training, events, and/or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required..
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,970.00 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in providing advice and assistance to the business community on the Federal procurement/contracting process and the development of marketing strategies and materials. Examples of such experience include: developing marketing strategies and materials to promote the sales of goods and services of an organization; organizing procurement networking services; developing and presenting workshops to assist small, minority, and disadvantage businesses in dealing with a Federal agency.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
· Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1911111AAMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of contracting procedures and methods to identify contractual opportunities for small business.
Ability to clearly explain procedures, standard bid and contract language, subcontracting plans and procedures, the types of methods used.
Ability to deal effectively with, counsel, and advise individuals and representatives of business concerns and contractors seeking to do business with GSA or seeking to obtain information about applicable Government policies and procedures.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to develop and promote public and community interest in the small business programs.
Ability to plan, arrange, and conduct conferences, workshops, and other small business outreach efforts, and measure results.
Ability to interact with a variety of public information media, to effectively explain and promote GSA business, contracting, and procurement systems.
Knowledge and skill required to interpret, explain, and apply applicable laws and agency procurement policies, regulations, and procedures which affect the operation of and services offered through the Regional Office of Small Business Utilization.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No