Data Analyst (Health Care Fraud)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be authorized.
A. Selective Placement Factor: To be found fully qualified for this position, applicants must demonstrate, in the body of their resume or attached narrative, their qualifying experience designing data analysis using health care data and understanding patient-level data. Applicants not addressing this Selective Placement Factor will be determined not be qualified for the position and will not receive further consideration.
B. Grade Level Qualifications:
- To qualify at the GS-11 grade level, applicants must have one of the following:
- At least one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-9 Federal grade level. Examples of specialized experience include duties such as: conducting analyses of health care data; designing and employing algorithms to discover patterns; identifying and analyzing patterns in the volume of data supporting a research inquiry or area of study; and provide written and oral summary of findings; OR
- Three (3) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D degree (in a field related to social science) or equivalent doctoral degree; OR
- A combination of completed graduate level education and specialized experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. Only graduate level education in excess two full years may be combined with experience.
- To qualify at the GS-12 level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-11 Federal grade level. Examples of specialized experience include: conducting analyses of health care data; designing and employing algorithms to discover patterns; identifying and analyzing patterns in the volume of data supporting a research inquiry or area of study, the type of data, and the speed or sudden variations in data collection; and providing written and oral summary of findings.
- To qualify at the GS-13 grade level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-12 Federal grade level. Examples of specialized experience include: conducting analyses of health care data, designing and employing algorithms to discover patterns; identifying and analyzing patterns in the volume of data supporting a research inquiry or area of study, the type of data, and the speed or sudden variations in data collection; and validating analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
You must have successfully completed a degree in a social science or related discipline appropriate to the position. This education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university and such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that you have the acquired knowledge of one or more of the social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
Combination of Education and Experience - Your current education completed is credited as a percentage of the education required for the grade level and your current experience is credited as a percentage of the total experience required for the grade level. The two percentages are added and must equal 100% in order to qualify for the desired grade level.
All academic degrees and coursework must be completed at a college or university that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see www.ed.gov.
Please see requirements as described in Qualifications.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced federal competitive service employees with selection priority over candidates from other agencies for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority over other applicants who are not employees of the Department of Justice if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instruction in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility can be found at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/.
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the DOJ with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your DOJ component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility can be found at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ctap/.
USA Hire Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be required to complete a two step assessment process:
- After submitting their USAjobs application, candidates will receive a link via email to take an online assessment (see Next Steps below).
- Candidates who rank in the Best Qualified category after the initial online assessments will be evaluated based on a structured interview. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category after the structured interview will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Failure to complete the structured interview will result in non-referral.
You will be assessed on the following KSAs/Competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Data Analytics
- Healthcare Knowledge
- Research Analysis
- Oral Communication
Veterans' Preference: If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. In order to verify your veterans' preference entitlement, please submit a copy of the Member 4 Copy of your DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from active Duty); official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty; or other official documentation (e.g., documentation of receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal) that shows your military service was performed under honorable conditions. In addition, if you are a disabled veteran, a Purple Heart recipient, widow/widower of a veteran, the spouse of a disabled veteran, or the parent of a disabled or deceased veteran, you must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference, and the other required documentation identified on the reverse side of the SF-15 to support your preference claim. Although veterans' preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described above, veterans' preference eligibles are listed ahead of non veterans within each category for which they are qualified. In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service connected disability of 10% or more are placed in the highest quality category (i.e. Best Qualified) http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required Yes