Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Office Manager, College of Education and Human Development
The Office of Student and Academic Affairs (SAA) in George Mason Universityâ€™s College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) invites applications for an Office Manager who will oversee front desk operations for CEHD SAA and apply knowledge of university systems, programs, operations, and administrative and fiscal policies and procedures to the management and coordination of office functions. Additionally, the Office Manager will provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Student and Academic Affairs, the Assistant Dean for Student and Academic Affairs, and the Director of Student Success.
Located just a short distance from Washington, D.C., CEHD is a dynamic academic unit committed to innovation and excellence in its research and teaching activities. The College offers a wide-range of academic programs. For a full description of the Collegeâ€™s diverse program offerings see http://cehd.gmu.edu/.
The Office Manager, reporting to the Director of Student Success, will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Managing front desk, customer/client services operations, including appointment scheduling, answering phones, greeting guests, and supervising student workers.
- Maintaining the office condition, arranging for necessary repairs and organizing office operations and procedures.
- Providing administrative support to the CEHD SAA leadership, specifically: scheduling meetings; organizing files, notes, and records; and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Performing administrative duties such as initiating electronic hiring transactions, coordinating open position searches, and assisting in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Planning trainings, retreats, and socials for the CEHD SAA office staff.
- Handling all purchasing and fiscal transactions (e.g., scholarships and awards, reconciliation of expenditures, and management of fiscal records for CEHD SAA.
- Preparing event-specific budgets and all check requests.
- Assuming responsibility for maintaining the content included in the CEHD SAA website and the â€œStudentsâ€ tab on the College website.
Required Qualifications: * Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience * Demonstrated experience providing administrative support to professional staff * Demonstrated experience performing office functions such as answering multiline phones, scheduling appointments, and greeting and assisting visitors * Experience using a Purchase Card (P-Card) and an e-procurement system for goods and services, such as eVA * Ability to develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets * Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) * Effective problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail * Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment * Excellent customer service skills * Excellent time management skills and strong ability to prioritize and multitask * Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills Preferred Qualifications: * Experience working in a higher education environment with diverse populations * Experience using Ellucian Banner Finance and Banner Student, Student Success Collaborative, or customer relationship management (CRM) systems, such as Salesforce
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :