Graduate Communications Coordinator/Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Graduate Communications Coordinator and Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
The George Mason University Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Services, within the Volgenau School of Engineering, invites applications for two part-time wage positions which in combination will cover the responsibilities of both a Graduate Communications and Recruitment Coordinator.
George Mason has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position has two components: Communications and Recruitment. Applicants must indicate in the cover letter if they are applying for the Communications component or the Recruitment component of the position. In either case, the incumbent(s) will report to the Director of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment.
Communications Position: The Communications component of the position involves responsibility for the creation and roll out of marketing materials for graduate studies programs in the Volgenau School of Engineering.
- Overseeing and managing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and its communication plans, developing written content, integration of videos, and working with various communications and marketing projects both within teams and independently;
- Set up filters and reports to effectively communicate with prospective students at each stage of the admission lifecycle;
- Write and update web content for the Volgenau Graduate Admissions webpages;
- Other duties as assigned. Recruitment Position: The Recruitment component of the position involves responsibility for mastering Volgenau School of Engineering graduate programs admission policies, procedures, and requirements, and then communicating them to prospective students as they evaluate their options and navigate the application process.
- Writing content and building email campaigns to encourage application completion and convey application deadlines at various points of the admission lifecycle;
- Develop written content for event invitations;
- Strong customer-service orientation with email, telephone, in-person, and involvement in recruitment efforts and events;
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Demonstrated customer service experience;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in teams;
- Ability to take initiative and complete projects and/or assignments with minimal supervision;
- Strong analytical skills with proven, effective application of those ideas into procedure;
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours;
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of Salesforce/TargetX or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems;
- Demonstrated experience writing and developing creative and compelling marketing content;
- Working knowledge of social media platforms; and
- Prior admissions or related experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at http://jobs.gmu.edu and complete the online application for position number WG5507, and attach a cover letter that states whether you are applying for the Communications Coordinator or Recruitment Coordinator position, resume and list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :