Web Applications Developer II
Web Applications Developer II
Learning Design and Experience
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College is seeking a Web Applications Developer II. Reporting to the Associate Vice Provost, Strategy and Learner Experience, the Web Applications Developer II will provide efficiency-oriented programmatic solutions for interactive elements in courses under development with an additional focus on innovation through the use of new approaches and technologies. Staff in this position support the publishing and maintenance of course content in the learning management system, content management system, and internal course development supporting systems. As a member of the development team in support of Course Development, this staff member provides timely resolution of problems reported by faculty and students in their use of course content.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Research new approaches and technologies pertinent to the mission of Learning Design and Experience.
- Work on teams with instructional designers, web specialists, editors, and graphic artists to develop and incorporate interactive and enhanced elements into web courses using programmatic solutions.
- Provide programming support to extend functionality of LMS/LCMS to support highly interactive content.
- Analyze business processes to identify and implement automation of repetitive tasks and scripted job aids.
- Provide programming support for multiple curriculum-redesign projects.
- Peer review and test new and revised programmatic functionality as requested by another team member to verify visual and functional quality.
- Research and suggest new approaches and technologies to enhance the online learning environment.
- Provide programming support for integrated technologies.
- Understand business process and requirements to provide technical solutions that meet customer needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a web programmer
- Two 2+ years experience working with online learning technologies (LMS, LCMS, LTI, etc…)
- Software development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging technical problems, successfully deploy projects and complete assigned tasks
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodology
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience developing in Adobe Experience Manager and AEM Core components (Example: Sling, OSGI, JCR, Dispatcher)
- Experience developing in Java (OSGi, JSP, Servlets)
- Experience in web front end technologies such as: HTML5, SASS, css3, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Experience with Sightly (AEM Templating language) and CoralUI/TouchUI
- Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson
- Experience creating SEO and ADA optimized pages
- Experience building cutting edge web & responsive mobile experiences
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.