General Ledger Accountant I
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of accounting duties and general ledger activities. In this role, the accountant must be able to apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and to provide accurate financial information for management review.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares accounting journal entries and accruals to general ledger;
- Prepares monthly general ledger and bank reconciliations and related schedules;
- Prepares schedules and work papers for the annual audit and annual Form 5500 filing
- Prepares reports and schedules for balance sheet and income statement analysis;
- Prepares reports from Concur for analysis and reconciles AMEX charges in Concur to the bill statement and general ledger;
- Maintain fixed asset ledger for new capital asset acquisitions, disposals, and improvements.
- Serve as the administrator for ReQlogic and maintain accounts payable/procurement workflows including adding new vendors, routing invoices as needed, and preparing bank file for check, wire, and ACH disbursements through SunTrust Bank;
- Prepares annual Form 1099 filing generated in the accounting system;
- Performs other monthly close duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Accounting required; minimum of 2-4 years general ledger experience required
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate Excel skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Performances of duties require the use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested applicants, please apply at: https://www.csis.org/programs/about-us/careers-and-internships
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.