The HRIS/Payroll Coordinator provides support and maintenance of the HRIS system and will serve as the point of contact for HRIS related projects and issues. Ensure data integrity, test system changes and create/maintain various reports. Analyze data for process and procedure improvement. Assist with the administration of payroll processes, respond to employee questions, coordinate and maintain benefit enrollment, termination, and monthly invoice reconciliation.
The HRIS/Payroll Coordinator will be the liaison between the HR Department and Payroll Department ensuring the accuracy of employee payroll, benefit, and demographic changes. The coordinator will provide payroll support to the department through data management, report generation, payroll processing and administrative support for multiple locations. As well as support the HR team with a variety of HR related tasks and projects to support the mission, vison and values of the HR Team and The Kennedy Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
60% System Entry/Production Support -
- Daily/Weekly system entries;
- Research and resolve HRIS problems, unexpected results or process issues, including scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet established requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, IT and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labor" home" work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Input of changes and updates to the HRIS/Payroll system in a timely and accurate manner, verifying appropriate documentation according to policy
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to compliance with federal/state/local regulations
20% Projects/Process Improvements -
- Ensure that customer's needs are addressed in project requests and delivered in a timely manner.
- Processes and responds timely to external inquiries for employee information by completing employment verification requests and unemployment claims.
- Assists with special HR-related projects and provides training to other staff members as required
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy.
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state payroll tax laws to ensure that the payroll processes are in compliance
- Create and run ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Assist with special projects or implementations as needed
10% Reports & Queries -
- Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports or data requests, queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Design and develop standard reports for ongoing customer needs and maintain data integrity in systems by analyzing data from queries.
- Provides ad-hoc and standard reporting of employee information as requested, and supports Federal, State and Local Government reporting requirements. Performs validation of the data in all work products.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll
- Prepare documents and processes personnel actions (hires, terminations, pay & title changes, promotions, employment status, transfers, address changes, employee/supervisor reporting relationship changes, benefits enrollment and other similar transactions etc.) in Lawson
- Audit pre-payroll data and transmit final approved payroll files for processing, and correct payroll audit errors.
10% HR Systems Architecture -
- Ensure, efficient and improved process delivery, as well as data accuracy and security through restricted permissions for the system
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources and finance teams to improve payroll processes
- Supports HRIS and other enterprise systems' upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Assist with Lawson upgrade processes; test and validate data and communicate findings
- Maintain SOP (standard operating procedure) log; notify supervisor of changes to HRIS processes that require revisions to SOPs
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Information Technology
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a related role, including experience with the implementation of a HRIS technology and process
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Working knowledge of HRIS complete suite highly desired
- Benefits administration experience and knowledge of ACA, a plus
- Must be experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) including spreadsheet creation and manipulation
- Analytical, project management, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments demonstrating excellent organization skills and flexibility
- Must have critical thinking skills, communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Must be familiar with Human Resources policies, programs, and practices
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is low.
Local travel required.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.Back Email Apply Now