Senior Engagement and Advancement Officer
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Senior Engagement and Advancement Officer
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is looking for a Senior Engagement and Advancement Officer position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The George Mason University Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is charged with generating private philanthropic support for the University as well as engendering strong alumni relationships through creative programming and compelling communications.
Reporting to the Assistant VP, Advancement Initiatives and Engagement, the Senior Engagement and Advancement Officer will assist in the preparation of annual and strategic plans for fundraising, and oversee the implementation of these plans. The incumbent will be responsible for engaging existing donors and moving them through the Advancement Pipeline.
Duties: Portfolio Management and Fundraising:
- Qualifies, solicits, and manages a portfolio of donors annually to determine why they give to Mason, how they want to be connected to Mason, and how Mason can better cultivate and steward these donors.
- Works with unit Directors of Advancement to identify existing donors and solicit them at the Presidents Circle level or, successfully move Presidents Circle donors to the next giving level in the Advancement pipeline.
- Work with Research and Prospect Management to develop engagement plans for moving donors through the Advancement pipeline.
- Participates in regular portfolio review and group sessions related to portfolio management and strategic engagement through events, local visits and other activities.
- Works closely with supervisor and collaborates with internal departments including but not limited to Gift Planning, Prospect Research, Alumni Relations, Annual Giving and Masons colleges and units to develop comprehensive strategies for unassigned donors
- Initiate contact and secure face-to-face visits and meetings via phone and email outreach.
- Conduct 200 unique qualifying visits annually, averaging four local visits per week.
- Maintain awareness of university, school, and unit fundraising priorities, program offerings, and volunteer opportunities.
- Utilize technology, including Advance database, and ORBIS reporting system to run queries and exports to identify prospects for engagement.
- Complete contact reports within 24 hours for all communication and outreach with constituents to assist in the cultivation process, and update constituent profiles with all relevant information (i.e. contact/address information, email updates, and employment information).
- Identify prospects for a variety of volunteer and volunteer leadership opportunities, including but not limited to: board and committee service, career services, academics and research, student and young alumni programs, affinity groups, events and programs, regional outreach, and admissions/recruitment. Attend Donor Cultivation, Engagement and Stewardship Events
- Attend the following major events to further cultivate and engage donors: Presidents Circle, Scholarship Dinner, the Volunteer Leadership Summit, and the Faculty/Staff Donor Appreciation Event. Attend salon-style events and other cultivation and engagement events to further engage donors. This unique opportunity is ideal for a self-starter who has initiative, drive, the ability to initiate contact consistently, and development/fundraising/annual giving experience. Candidates should be excited about connecting donors and prospective donors to Mason and creating an engagement plan that will move them through the Advancement pipeline.
Qualifications: * A Masters degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required; * Several years in an annual giving program or fundraising environment in higher education or a non-profit organization. * Experience building and cultivating relationships for the purpose of fund solicitation * Demonstrated ability to close gifts at the $1k to $10K level * Knowledge of annual, major, and planned giving vehicles * Must have the ability to effectively articulate Masons educational mission, strategic aims and philanthropic priorities. * The ability to meet face to face with various donors/prospective donors and handle constituent concerns while maintaining high levels of confidentiality * The ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently * The ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced and highly diverse environment * The incumbent must have reliable transportation as this position requires regular regional travel * A valid U.S. drivers license * The ability to work night and weekend hours and attend events
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :