Provides support to Service Center staff regarding customer service, road service requests, and quality assurance. Performs vehicle scheduling routines and assures integrity of supporting work order and fueling data.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists Service Center management with design, implementation, and maintenance of a customer service quality assurance program
• Represents the Service Center as a customer liaison for support to internal and external customers to provide front line problem resolution
• Produces and expedites a vehicle service schedule that meets daily requirements
• Maintains data integrity in the Fleet Maintenance computer systems through execution of work order quality assurance process, work order closure, and imaging
• Processes and assures integrity of automated fuel transaction data; processes and performs error corrections of fuel transaction information
• Issues spare buses and other spare vehicles as needed
• Creates work orders using fleet maintenance software and performs related work as required
• Follows established procedures; refers items for interpretation to Service Center management
• Performs additional duties and daily jobs as assigned by management
• Graduation from high school and clerical experience in a municipal fleet maintenance organization
• Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrates ability to use computers and office automation software, e.g. creates and modifies spreadsheets, writes memorandums, and uses a database
The Service Writer reports to the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. The employee is regularly required to climb in, on, and under vehicles and may work on concrete floors.