Ability to solve intellectual problems using selection and applications of commonly used rules, procedures, and precedents. Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness. Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other PNAS departments. Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees. Essential job duties include:
1. Correspond with staff, authors, Academy Members and reviewers.
2. Remind editors and reviewers of deadlines.
3. Collect author revisions.
4. Notify author of manuscript acceptance or rejection.
5. Process editorial changes and resubmissions.
6. Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks such as composing correspondence and answering the telephone.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES • Related duties as required. • Special projects as assigned.Employee Type:EmployeeScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5City/State:Washington, District of Columbia