Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a Product Designer to join its Product Design team.. This team of UX, UI and visual designers leads design strategy and visual approaches for The Post's suite of digital products, including washingtonpost.com, our native iOS and Android apps, internal tools and our paywall and account management experiences.
In this role, you'll be part of a team of more than a dozen designers. You'll collaborate with product managers and internal stakeholders across multiple teams to identify, ideate on and propose new approaches to our user experience.
In this particular role, you'll focus on both the UX and visual design of washingtonpost.com, including our article pages and homepage.
This ideal candidate for this role:
- Wants to be hands-on with design the majority of the time
- Constantly looks for ways to improve the way our products look AND work
- Loves to collaborate closely with colleagues in research, product management and engineering
- Is organized, driven and excited about designing the news products of the future
- Can clearly and passionately articulate the thinking behind a design
- Is energized by problem-solving and loves to develop solutions for difficult problems
- Enjoys gathering user and project requirements to create conceptual wireframes, prototypes, and final designs for user-facing and business-facing products
- A portfolio that shows a strong body of work including outstanding visual and user interface designs
- 2+ years of design experience on digital platforms
- Extensive experience designing interactive applications, preferably editorial or e-commerce
- An established track record of producing business results through design
- Deep knowledge of research techniques including competitive analysis, user interviews, persona creation and journey mapping
- A collaborative spirit and a proven ability to work well with others, building strong partnerships across teams
- Experience designing mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Comfort with design and prototyping software like Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, and Principle
- Working knowledge of front-end development and best practices for design implementation
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Experience with or strong interest in digital media and news