The Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund, a large Taft Hartley fund with offices located in Fairfax, VA is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager, reporting to the CFO. This individual will be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records including general ledger entries and maintenance. He/she will prepare financial statements, prepare supporting financial schedules, reconcile bank and investment accounts, perform research on transactions, handle complex calculations and prepare ad hoc reports, and is responsible for all federal and multi-state tax filings. Strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills are critical as this individual will be working with and providing customer support to the executive management team of several benefits funds and will on occasion present financials to the board of trustees. This position also supervises one staff accountant that is responsible for maintaining the financials for two smaller funds.
Other responsibilities include:
• Maintain and properly account for inter-company transactions
• Monitor cash flow and prepare and update cash flow projections
• Work with other departments to satisfy reporting requirements
• Act as liaison with external auditors, and keep files and records organized for annual independent audit
• Manage banking relationships, including daily positive pay activity
• Handle required tax filings
• Perform Investment portfolio reconciliations
• Perform ad-hoc research and analysis as required by fund administrators or the CFO
All candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
• 5 years prior experience in an accounting department
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency with accounting software - Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains is a plus
- CPA designation a plus.
• Senior level accounting experience, personal property tax experience, and any knowledge of employee benefit plans and ERISA is a plus
We offer competitive salary and outstanding fully employer paid benefits including health insurance, dental, prescription drug, vision, defined benefit pension and 401(k), plus other valuable benefits.