Contract Surveillance Representative
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Physical Demands: Assignments regularly involve long periods of standing, bending, and stooping to observe and study work operations in resident room, common areas, service areas, kitchens, storage rooms and dining facilities.
Health Checks: Completes Health Checks as assigned when needed. The Armed Forces Retirement Home has a wireless alert system to verify the daily health and welfare of every Resident. If the Resident does not activate the alert system the incumbent is responsible for physically going to the room and ensuring the Resident is ok. If there is a problem he/she calls for assistance.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy and authorizing payments. AND
- Writing Statement of Works and Independent Cost Estimates.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.B or J.D., if related.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours may be combined with experience
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a Non bargaining unit position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Planning and Evaluating, Technical, Attention to Detail, and Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Outstanding, Excellent, or Qualified, depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.