Senior Engineer, Customer Solutions Latin America
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Applying system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre- and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization, to drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. Identifying customer needs, then design technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and customer perceived risks. Supporting technical relationships with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you up to the challenge?
- Perform communications system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and Intelsat strategies.
- Help the sales team identify customer needs and drivers both technically and financially and support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships, both internally and externally.
- Support satellite grooming, satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired outcomes.
- Provide customers intelligence to internal stakeholders guiding product evolution and development.
- Deliver education/training on Intelsat products, tools, and operations.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering
- At least 3-years of recent, relevant experience including:
- at least 1-year of experience in satellite ground segment (satellite modem technologies) and related terrestrial equipment.
- experience in capacity management and/or systems engineering and/or other pre- or post-sales engineering functions.
- Effective English and Spanish language communication skills, both verbal and written; including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of and ability to create accurate link budget analyses.
- Advanced knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory; digital satellite network architectures; IP networking and at least basic knowledge of VSAT networks and platforms as well as TCP/IP protocol suite and network protocols (unicast/multicast, VoIP, IPsec, QoS).
- Willingness and ability to travel the continent up to 20% of the time to meet business needs.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work additional hours as needed to meet business demands.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- This role requires you to sit for long periods of time and work with a computer
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.