Senior Engagement Specialist
Senior Engagement Specialist
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking a highly organized and creative individual for its Senior Engagement Specialist position. Under the direction of the Director of Engagement Services for Institutional Advancement, the Senior Engagement Specialist will assist in the development and execution of Institutional Advancement activities that engage students and graduates for career advancement and advocacy, and the UMUC community for philanthropic support.
This position will lead stewardship and development engagement activities (in-person and online). This includes development and execution of the Scholarship Dinner, annual UMUC Staff and Faculty Campaign and annual Maryland Charities Campaign through the University System of Maryland. These responsibilities include development and review of all marketing assets, internal communications, department visits, promotional events, data management and post engagement reports detailing strategy outcomes. In addition, the Senior Engagement Specialist will solicit gifts, process and acknowledge gifts as well as act as the official UMUC representative in the state-wide Maryland Charities Campaign.
The Senior Engagement Specialist will support the Director of Engagement Services to execute the Office of Institutional Advancement engagement services including but not limited to career fairs (in-person and online), career webinars, networking mixers (in-state and out-of-state), annual Alumni Celebration, Alumni Association board meetings, and other special events. This position is also responsible for creation of post engagement reporting on success metrics.
- Under the leadership of the Director of Engagement Services, this position will assist in the development and implementation of the Institutional Advancement engagement strategy. This includes events, stewardship activities, virtual outreach.
- Accountable for delivery and execution of stewardship and development engagement activities (in-person and online). This includes the Scholarship Dinner, annual UMUC Staff and Faculty Campaign and annual Maryland Charities Campaign through the University System of Maryland.
- Responsible for development and review of all marketing assets, internal communications, department visits, promotional events, data management and post engagement reports detailing strategy outcomes for all stewardship and development engagement activities.
- In an effort to provide more cultivation and stewardship events for the University's donors and friends, this position, will work closely with the Senior Director of Development to execute small-scale fundraising events. This includes tracking all pertinent responses, assisting with preparation and planning of the event, executing day-of activities and follow up strategy.
- Support the annual Maryland Charities Campaign and UMUC Faculty and Staff Campaign ensuring UMUC meets their annual goals.
- Support the Director of Engagement Services to execute the Office of Institutional Advancement engagement services including but not limited to career fairs (in-person and online), career webinars, networking mixers (in-state and out-of-state), annual Alumni Celebration, Alumni Association board meetings, and other university events (Pillars of Strength reception, Arts Program, Military/Veteran Services)
- Responsible for creation and delivery of detailed post engagement reports for all engagement services initiatives including success metrics.
- Accountable to ensure engagement activity data and communications are captured in the CRM.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required; some travel will be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited institution of higher learning. A minimum of seven years of experience in administrative or related field. Excellent oral and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills, independent judgment, organizational skills, problem-solving ability; superior level of professionalism; ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Preferences; UMUC current employees and alumni are encouraged to apply.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.