IT SPECIALIST (SECURITY)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Managing system security requirements utilizing National Institute of Standards and technology (NIST) continuous monitoring standards, Risk Management Framework (RMF) critical security controls and counter measures based on risk assessments of business systems.
- Providing expert technical guidance and assistance in the agency community in formulation and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Identifying and analyzing threats and vulnerabilities to the information systems to maintain an appropriate level of protection.
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station.
- The employee may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft.
- Recall to duty may be a requirement of this position.
- Overtime and/or emergency overtime may be required.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified below, required for this position.
- Information Test and Evaluation
- Information Technology Policy and Planning
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx . Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No