Maintenance Mechanic 2
7 days left
- Full Time
Maintenance Mechanic 2
Performs preventive and maintenance trade work for maintaining building systems, equipment, and related components. Services include routine and skilled preventative maintenance and repair of building systems (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVACR, painting, snow removal). May be required to drive University vehicles when necessary. Position is considered emergency staffing and must follow departmental and University policies regarding emergencies. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responds to work order requests and supervisor's directions to perform scheduled preventive and routine maintenance, repairs and service of building systems.
- Responds to all building system emergencies as directed by supervisor.
- Records actions taken in response to work orders and other requests, entering such information on forms, documents and/ or into computerized record system as the case may be. Fills out, completes and submits such other forms and documents as ma y be required to ensure that such information is properly recorded and submitted.
- Performs snow removal and emergency services during inclement weather and University emergencies.
- High School Diploma
- Four years of building maintenance experience.
- Must be graduate of a vocational or technical trade school or equivalent training
- Must have a Universal CFC certification
- Must have valid driver's license in Virginia, Maryland, or District of Columbia
- Must be qualified to conform with University Driving Policy
The work requires the ability to lift and carry minimum of 50 lbs. to heavy items; to walk, climb stairs, able to work on scaffolds, lifts and ladders over 12 feet in length, bend and crouch, and to reach and pull to work on equipment; and to use hands, arms and legs in using the tools and materials of the trade. Employee is responsible for complying with life safety and OSHA requirements.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.