Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
National Cooperative Bank (NCB) is seeking a Data and Business Intelligence Analyst for the Arlington, VA office.
The Data and Business Intelligence Analyst will provide analytical support to Loan Operations, Deposit Operations, and Business Development. This will include the development of reports, queries and dashboards for standing reporting as well as preparation of information for senior management meetings. This position will also entail the compilation and analysis of data for projects and business-led improvement initiatives. The Analyst is expected to collaborate with department leads, their team members, quality control, data governance, IT, and data analyst peers to identify data and reporting improvements across platforms.
1. Create reports and dashboards in MicroStrategy that will allow Operations and Business Development to have an integrated and lifecycle view of the customer and relationship. 20%
2. Maintain existing Operations and Business Development reports and dashboards outlining key metrics including trial balances, file maintenance, and KPIs. Provide data mining support for the Operational Risk Management (ORM) committee and other management requests. 20%
3. Develop expertise on how Enterprise Data Warehouse data and data from other sources (e.g. public data) can be structured to meet business needs. Champion MicroStrategy's capabilities and the departmental value of being data driven. 20%
4. Support migration away from legacy internal applications. Support data mapping and migration efforts to new processes and systems. Participate in data validation and testing efforts. 20%
5. Work with department leads, quality control, and data governance to confirm structure, consistency, and formatting of data in core systems. Work with Data Governance and data analyst/business intelligence peers to advocate and prioritize data additions to Enterprise Data Warehouse. 10%
6. Special Projects and other tasks as assigned 10%
BS or BA College Degree in Finance or Accounting a plus; ·
Experience in Banking or Finance with an emphasis on data mining, aggregating and reporting results a plus· Knowledge of Microstrategy or equivalent business intelligence software·
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong aptitude for learning new software.
Basic knowledge of database management