MILITARY PAY SUPERVISOR
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as: Reviewing work for technical adequacy and compliance with established policies and procedures; processing a wide variety of complex military payroll transactions; determining entitlements; examining and verifying all documents for propriety, completeness and accuracy; and running reports to monitor workload and providing technical support on standard procedures to coworkers.
Substitution of education for experience: Successfully completed one (1) year of graduate education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement when education is directly related to the position being filled. To be creditable, education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university. (You MUST submit transcripts or proof of education to verify your claim.)
For GS-8, one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-7) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: Applying expert-level knowledge of a large body of military pay rules, procedures and operations sufficient to process pay actions requiring audits, corrections, and adjustments of several interrelated aspects of military pay, sufficient to provide leadership, training and support to others responsible for this work, experience must include applying expert-level knowledge of related payroll systems sufficient to take necessary intervention and bypass of normal automated systems and procedures, and resolve issues within the automated systems.
Substitution of education for experience: Successfully completed eighteen (18) months of graduate level education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience required when it is directly related to the work of the position being filled. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http:// www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html ).
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Moving expenses ?will notbe paid.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Travel requirement is ?occasional
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- This is a Financial Management Level 1 Certified position. IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy the incumbent shall comply with the requirements of DoD FM Certification Program. Information about the DoD FM Certification Program is available at: http://www.dfas.mil/dam/dfas/careers/pdf/DoDFMCertificationProgram.pdf
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
- Highly Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Payroll
- Financial Management Systems
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10373543 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No