Supervisory Government Information Specialist (Supervisory Privacy Specialist)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
This position is located in the Office of Administration, where you can ignite your career in public policy and information management with the only federal agency dedicated to ending homelessness and building strong, inclusive communities across America. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) gives the most vulnerable Americans the opportunity to thrive and succeed. HUD’s Office of Administration (OA) propels that mission by giving HUD programs what they need to work faster, smarter, and better.
Imagine a government agency where fully digital work flows replace outdated forms and paper-based processes; or where critical information is accessible to those who need it, available for public scrutiny when appropriate, and fully protected from unauthorized access, in real-time. Envision what the government of the future should be: agile, responsive, efficient, accountable. HUD’s Office of Administration is making that vision a reality every day, because the vulnerable and homeless deserve no less. Join us in inventing the future of government today.
Successful candidates to this one-of-a-kind team will be versatile leaders who:
- Enjoy the challenge of a diverse portfolio
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Are ready to learn and grow through innovation and risk-taking
- Have a passion for getting it done
- Welcome opportunities to hone and broaden their subject matter expertise and to advance and diversify their careers at every level
If you are passionate about good government, excited about innovating, craving technology solutions, and want to have fun while having an impact--HUD’s Office of Administration is the place for you!
Specialized experience for the GS-15: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes all of the following:
- Contributing to the implementation or oversight of program activities, office operations, or special/priority projects; AND
- Identifying office wide problems and recommends solutions; AND
- Participating in the development, implementation, and monitoring of information policy program activities or goals.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Recruitment incentive may be offered.
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on outside employment. To review applicable ethics rules, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: analytical, technical, leadership and communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, and Qualified (Good) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category.
Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No