Supervisory Attorney-Advisor (General)
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
(1) Skill in identifying legal issues and conducting relevant legal research within Legal Assistance, Administrative Law, or Health Law.
(2) Skill in administrative hearings practice.
(3) Skill in oral and written advocacy.
(4) Ability to effectively, professionally, and ethically manage a heavy caseload of clients with complex legal needs.
VETERANS PREFERENCE INFORMATION: There is no formal rating system for applying veteran's preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of the Army considers veteran's preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active duty) to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed. (SF 15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management Website at http://www.opm.gov/ .)
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENTS: If currently employed as an attorney by the Federal Government must have completed 1 year at the next lower grade level within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement, or previously served at the same or higher grade as the position being filled.
The following minimum qualification requirements must be met before applicants are eligible for further consideration.
Education: An applicant must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD).
Bar membership: Applicant must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Experience: Applicant must have two or more years of professional legal experience, acquired after being admitted to the bar, commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Graduation from an ABA-Accredited Law School in the top 25% of the class or an advanced law degree such as a Master of Laws (LLM) may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience.
Please refer to Qualifications section for information on the education requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference. Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at the time of application.
- Applicants claiming veteran's preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 56 position
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be evaluated for basic qualification requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No