- Completes room setups for rental activities, classes, workshops and special events.
- Provides high quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ensures cleanliness of the facility and performs routine basic maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for opening facility and/or closing and securing facility.
This position is considered essential and incumbent may be required to report to work during periods of inclement weather or other occasions when emergency leave is declared. Duties are performed under the direction of the Facility Services Director.
Note: Work hours will be 10:00 - 6:30 with occasional changes to cover staff leave schedules. Incumbent will be required to work one weekend per month on a rotating schedule.
Starting salary will not exceed the midpoint of the advertised salary range. Illustrative Duties
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all- inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
- Clears sidewalks of ice and snow;
- Cleans facilities, to include removing trash and litter;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- Moves furniture, heavy equipment, and materials;
- Performs routine building maintenance tasks (e.g., replacing light bulbs, moving and making minor repairs to furniture);
- Maintains and repairs grounds and turf (i.e., reconditioning, vegetation control, and repairs);
- Repairs irrigation systems (i.e., sprinklers, valves, and pipes);
- Performs various landscaping tasks, to include propagating beds, edging, mulching, and planting;
- Performs minor building and/or equipment repair and/or maintenance;
- Operates tractors and mowers, chain saws, or cutoff saws;
- May serve as a crew leader in absence of supervisor
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all- inclusive list.)
- Knowledge of and the ability to use and perform basic scheduled maintenance on various types of hand tools, machinery, etc.;
- Ability to perform duties requiring manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude;
- Ability to operate various types of motor vehicles;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work outside with regular exposure to severe weather, noxious fumes, high levels of dust, etc.;
- Ability to perform medium to heavy manual labor;
Employment Standards MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to completion of the tenth grade.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Two years of experience working in a large community center or event center setting (i.e., hotel, conference center, etc.). Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and initiative. Must have excellent communications skills and be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Employee will be required to do walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items up to 75 pounds and manipulate heavier objects with the use of hand truck, dollies, etc. Physical requirements can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.