Global law firm has an immediate need for a Paralegal to work in their Washington, D.C. office. This position will support their litigation and antitrust practice groups with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. The candidate should be experienced in all aspects of the litigation life cycle as well as knowledge and exposure to antitrust law. Responsibilities will include:
- litigation case set-up, filings, discovery, trial/mediation/arbitration and post-trial matters
- organize and manage a document collection, review and production with outside vendors
- assist with leading a trial team
- prepare initial drafts of Hart Scott Rodino (HSR) premerger notifications and report forms, conduct initial review of related documents
- track HSR developments and rule changes, prepare reports to communicate with practice group
- perform company and industry research related to M&A transactions
Additional responsibilities include: manage case files, review documents, assist with confidentiality and privilege reviews. prepare witness files, assist with deposition preparation, assist in all aspects of trial preparation, arbitrations and mediations; and attend trials. The candidate will participate in client interviews, oversee document productions, develop database structures for use in Relativity and other database applications, coordinate data processing with Electronic Discovery Services (EDS) Department and with outside vendors.
A college degree is required with a minimum of three years of litigation experience. Candidate should be proficient with MS Suite, Relativity, Case Notebook, and Case Map. Knowledge and experience using PACER and CM/ECF is expected. The candidate will be taking on a lead role on case and project teams and will need to be able to work independently with sound judgement. Extensive travel and OT is required.