Attorney Recruiting Coordinator
ATTORNEY RECRUITING COORDINATOR NON-EXEMPT
LOCATION: Washington, D.C. (metro-accessible)
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
REPORTING TO: Attorney Recruiting Manager Highly recognized global law firm committed to excellence seeks an Attorney Recruiting Coordinator to join their D.C. office.
The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator will coordinate essential functions of the lateral/law school recruiting processes and Summer Associate Program in the Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia offices. The Coordinator will have the opportunity to assess on-campus interviewing, the Summer Associate Program, and fall associate onboarding effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement.
- Serving as an ambassador of the Firm in all aspects of attorney recruiting Under the direction of the Attorney Recruiting Manager, applying sound recruiting knowledge and instrumental support to the law school recruiting process as well as the lateral recruiting lifecycle for lateral partner, of counsel, associate, fall associate, judicial clerk, and visiting international attorney candidates
- Assisting with the management of the On-Campus Interviewing Program, including scheduling call-back interviews, gathering feedback, coordinating the follow-up on offers, creating the fall cultivation plan, and managing the office recruiting funnel and acceptance rates
- Providing input regarding the planning and execution of the Summer Associate Program – facilitating onboarding and orientation, training, event management, work assignments, performance reviews, offer approvals, and exit processes Managing the On-Campus Interviewing Program for designated schools – reviewing and distributing resumes, selecting and preparing interviewers, and facilitating call-back discussion meetings
- Applying recruiting knowledge and experience to coordinate the administrative functions of the recruiting process – developing and posting job descriptions, reviewing resumes, pre-screening and tracking candidates, coordinating interviews, and preparing offer letters
- Under the direction of the Attorney Recruiting Manager, facilitating the onboarding tasks for new hires – managing background checks and risk management forms, checking references, processing bar stipends, developing orientation agendas, coordinating orientation by collaborating with necessary department leaders and facilitators
- Establishing strong relationships with prospective hires to ensure substantive, ongoing contact with the Firm and to promote desired acceptance rates; providing ongoing applicant communications, guidance, informational, and policy assistance
- Contributing to the development of strong relationships with internal and external clients, including attorneys, staff, law school career service counselors, search firms, and lawyer associations Preparing all relevant applicant-tracking system notices and other documentation for new and transfer hires and proactively ensuring that all necessary departments and parties are notified.
- Tracking and assisting in the development of the budget for the Summer Associate Program, OCI Season, and general recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred 2-4 years of legal recruiting experience, preferably at the attorney level, in a mid-size to large law firm or law school career services department strongly preferred Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, demonstrating reliability, dependability, and flexibility Exceptional organizational, process, and follow-through skills Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently to meet critical deadlines.
- Expertise in relevant technology; Taleo, Workday, or other applicant-tracking system experience preferred.
- Occasional travel to the Northern Virginia office and to law school campuses, particularly in the summer and fall, is required.
Please submit resumes in Word format to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!