Stormwater Management Supervisor
CITY OF BOWIE Stormwater Management Supervisor Utilities Division
Incumbent is responsible for the daily stormwater management operations and supervising crews engaged in grounds maintenance, stormwater management, carpentry, refuse collections, emergency situations, snow removal, stormwater related repairs to structures and rehab of piping structures, re-grading and placement of erosion control devices. This is a hands-on position and incumbent must be able to engage in physically demanding tasks alongside subordinates. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supervising unskilled or semi-skilled employees.
- Knowledge of stormwater drainage system operation and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with subordinates, peers and supervisors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Valid CDL license with the ability to obtain Class A CDL within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to respond to off-hours emergency and non-emergency issues including but not limited to: snow removal, alarms and fallen trees.
- Must have physical capacity to effectively use and operate various office and field equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the MS4 permitting process
Salary: $57,143 annually
How to Apply: Please apply online on the City of Bowie website at: www.cityofbowie.org (click on the employment tab).
Application deadline: Friday, December 14, 2018
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE