Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Management
Occasional travel - -
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The Ethics in Government Act, PL 95-521 requires the applicant selected for this position to submit a financial disclosure statement, SF-278, prior to assuming the SES position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
RESPONDING TO EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQ) AND MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQ):
When responding to the ECQs and MTQs, you must clearly show that you possess the experience, knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position by submitting narrative responses in which you detail your experience in each of the MTQs and the ECQs. Your examples should be clear and emphasize your level of responsibilities, scope and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments, policy initiatives, level of contacts, and results of your actions.
You should limit your narrative to two pages per MTQ and ECQ. Applicants who use "see resume" as a response will not receive consideration for this position.
A. Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ):
- are currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment,
- are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or
- have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program approved by OPM,
you MUST address each ECQ in the Questionnaire Portion of the application process.
To view ECQs, please click here. Additional information on the proper preparation of Executive Core Qualifications statements is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website. To access, please click here and here.
B. Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQ):
All applicants must address each of the MTQs in order to receive consideration for this position.
- You must address the MTQs separately (as a separate document) and NOT through the Questionnaire Portion of the application process.
- After preparing your MTQs, please upload them in the document upload section under "additional documentation."
For this position ALL applicants must address each of the following MTQs:
1) Demonstrated results in analyzing and resolving complex program operation problems, developing and implementing innovative approaches, and assessing the results that support the organization’s strategic goals and ensure mission readiness. This includes the ability to collaborate at the most senior levels of the organization to achieve mutually agreeable and acceptable solutions to complex and potentially contentious issues with significant impact on agency operations.
2) Demonstrated leadership experience in the successful management and oversight of a diverse portfolio of administrative programs critical to a federal agency’s or similar organization’s mission, including 3 or more of the following: budget formulation and execution, personnel/human resources management, information technology, records management, facilities and logistics (such as property management), procurement/contracts, and security and emergency preparedness.
3) Demonstrated leadership using multi-year planning, strategic thinking, process re-engineering, organizational streamlining, and performance management to improve customer service in administrative organizations.
IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS THE MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE, YOU MAY BE CONSIDERED INELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
An Executive Review Board (ERB) and Qualifications Review Panel (QRP) consisting of senior officials will rate applicants based on the quality and extent of total accomplishments, experience, and education. The ERB and QRP will determine the degree to which candidates possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQ) requirements of the position and the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ) requirements. Among the factors the ERB and QRP will consider in determining the applicant's relative capacity and fitness for the position are education, training, experience, and demonstrated executive level qualifications. The ERB and QRP will rate your application against each of the ECQs and MTQs to determine the best qualified candidates. Candidates determined to be the best qualified will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration for the position.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No