IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must possess one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or equivalent band level in the Federal Service which has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of specialized experience include experience writing security policy, conducting security control assessments, and producing system security plans, security procedures, IT contingency plans, security risk assessments, and security test plans.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must meet all the requirements before the announcements closes.
NOTE: We recommend that your application clearly show your possession of the specialized experience qualification requirement and the four competencies listed above. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Note: CISSP, CISM and/or CISA certification are not required but desired.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of all applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information of the Office of Personnel Management Direct-Hire Autority, please click here Direct-Hire Authority.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the qualification requirements stated above, you will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated on the following KSA’s or competencies:
- Knowledge of methods for implementing, and disseminating IT security tools and procedures to implement and coordinate activities to protect and restore IT systems and services.
- Knowledge of network operations and protocols to advise on implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Knowledge of IT security certification and accreditation requirements to evaluate systems’ compliance with IT security requirements.
- Ability to draft security policies, system operating procedures, effectively implement and manage security technologies using a “defense-in-depth” strategy, provide routine assessments of security controls, and document risks in the implementation of security strategies.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure protection environment to recommend actions for mitigation or countermeasures.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No